* debug-init
@ 2008-09-16  0:49 Sam Albers
From: Sam Albers @ 2008-09-16  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello All,

I have recently installed Emacs and LaTex in Ubuntu 8.04 using these
directions:

Everything seemed to work well but when I opened up emacs I received the
following error message:

An error has occured while loading 'home/sam/.emacs':

File Error: "Cannot open load file",
"usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/preview-latex/preview-latex.el"

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate the cause of the error in
your initialization file and remove it. Start emacs with the '--debug-init'
option to view a complete error backtrace

I am not quite sure what is going on here. Could anyone point me in the
right direction or even show me how to "Start emacs with the '--debug-init'
option"?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

* Re: debug-init
@ 2008-09-16  8:52 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-09-16  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Albers; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 16.09.2008 um 02:49 schrieb Sam Albers:

> I am not quite sure what is going on here. Could anyone point me in
> the
> right direction or even show me how to "Start emacs with the '--
> debug-init'
> option"?

You need a command line. A terminal emulation or GNU Emacs can give
you one. Then, on the command line, enter

	emacs --debug-init &

and press RETurn.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Clovis' Consideration of an Atmospheric Anomaly:
         The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated
         than by the fact that, when exposed to the same atmosphere,
         bread becomes hard while crackers become soft.