* Emacs-Lisp Q: Minor mode keymap
@ 2007-04-27  1:18 Mark Elston
       [not found] ` <mailman.2580.1177659117.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Mark Elston @ 2007-04-27  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have read the relevant chapters (Keymaps and Modes) in the
Emacs Lisp Ref Manual a few times but I am still a little fuzzy
on how to do what I would like to do.  And that is, I have
a collection of Emacs Lisp functions that I have written to
support editing of a particular set of LaTeX files that I am
putting together.  Until now I have either been invoking them
through M-x or binding them with local-set-key whenever I visit
a buffer that I want to use them in.

What I would like to do is package these functions as a minor
mode with its own keymap and use \C-b in the LaTeX-mode-map
used in AucTeX.  Creating the minor mode map is pretty easy.
I assume that from there I do something like:

   (define-prefix-command my-mode-map)

or something similar.

But from there, I don't see what to do.  Do I have to modify my
.emacs to get the binding correct?  Can't I do it in the minor
mode file?

Thanks for any help.

Mark