* Emacs Calc: converting FROM Unix Time, unrecognized time zone
@ 2007-05-03  7:48 Alan
From: Alan @ 2007-05-03  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am trying to use calc to convert a vector of unix times in a tide
table.  When using "t-U" to convert unix time, the following error is
received:

          Unrecognized time zone name: error

I changed the time zone (Gentoo GNU/Linux) by copying the posix GMT+10
zoneinfo file over /etc/localtime.  This seemed to make a difference
the first time---my timezone name is a little obscure, or so I
reasoned: "ChST" (I am on Saipan, N. Mariana Islands).

Also, I am uncertain how to use this command to convert FROM unix time
to something else.

Probably the time zone error is peripheral to my main problem, which
is just being able to convert a vector of a few thousand items by
grabbing them from a file into calc.

Thank you for any suggestions.  I am still reading the Fine Manual.

Alan Davis