* hour logging
@ 2007-04-20  9:48 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2007-04-20  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I had heard somewhere that Emacs could be used to log your hours. Until now
I have not find anything about this. Does someone have a pointer?

* Re: hour logging
@ 2007-04-20 10:38 ` Robert D. Crawford
From: Robert D. Crawford @ 2007-04-20 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Cecil Westerhof <dummy@dummy.nl> writes:

> I had heard somewhere that Emacs could be used to log your hours. Until now
> I have not find anything about this. Does someone have a pointer?

You should check out timeclock on the emacswiki.  Here is the url:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/TimeClock

It is a part of emacs.  Try this:

C-h i

which will open info at the dir node.  Then do

and enter

emacs

when it asks for a menu entry.  Then do

for a search.  When it asks for what you want to search enter

timeclock

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

Keep America beautiful.  Swallow your beer cans.

* Re: hour logging
@ 2007-04-20 10:40 ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2007-04-20 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Apr 20, 11:48 am, Cecil Westerhof <d...@dummy.nl> wrote:
> I had heard somewhere that Emacs could be used to log your hours. Until now
> I have not find anything about this. Does someone have a pointer?

There is timeclock.  The basic feature of timeclock is
that you can log in (M-x timeclock-in) and out (M-x
timeclock-out) and timeclock updates a list (M-x
timeclock-visit-timelog) of the respective entries.

HTH

* Re: hour logging
@ 2007-04-20 10:52   ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2007-04-20 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Robert D. Crawford wrote:
>> I had heard somewhere that Emacs could be used to log your hours. Until
>> now I have not find anything about this. Does someone have a pointer?
>
> You should check out timeclock on the emacswiki.  Here is the url:
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/TimeClock

Thanks, I'll check it out.

* Re: hour logging
@ 2007-04-21  3:53 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2007-04-21  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Cecil Westerhof <dummy@dummy.nl> writes:

> I had heard somewhere that Emacs could be used to log your hours. Until now
> I have not find anything about this. Does someone have a pointer?

timeclock.el will do this for you.

I like to use planner-mode, which also uses timeclock.el to record time spent
on various tasks and can be used to generate day based and project based
reports. See the emacs wikki for information on both timeclock.el and
planner-mode <http://www.emacswiki.org>

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

* Re: hour logging
@ 2007-04-21  7:50   ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2007-04-21  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Tim X wrote:

> Cecil Westerhof <dummy@dummy.nl> writes:
>
>> I had heard somewhere that Emacs could be used to log your hours. Until
>> now I have not find anything about this. Does someone have a pointer?
>>

> timeclock.el will do this for you.
>
> I like to use planner-mode, which also uses timeclock.el to record time
> spent on various tasks and can be used to generate day based and project
> based reports. See the emacs wikki for information on both timeclock.el
> and planner-mode <http://www.emacswiki.org>

I allready looked at timeclock, but found it not advanced enough. I should
look at planner-mode.