* Initial Frame doesn't adjust to new font size ??
@ 2007-04-15  9:23 William Case
From: William Case @ 2007-04-15  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: EMACS List

Hi;

I have changed my initial font size in .emacs through custom-set-faces
from courier 12 pt to 14 pt in Emacs 21.4.  (I am getting older and the
vision has started to dim.) When Emacs initializes the frame is large
enough but the right scroll bar and menu bar remain the old size and
position for several seconds before adjusting to the new frame and emacs
takes much longer struggling to startup.  I have tried to adjust it in
my Xresources file -- but no joy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
--
Regards Bill

* Re: Initial Frame doesn't adjust to new font size ??
@ 2007-04-16  5:30 ` William Case
From: William Case @ 2007-04-16  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: EMACS List

Hi;

Additional news.

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 05:23 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I have changed my initial font size in .emacs through custom-set-faces
> from courier 12 pt to 14 pt in Emacs 21.4.  (I am getting older and the
> vision has started to dim.) When Emacs initializes the frame is large
> enough but the right scroll bar and menu bar remain the old size and
> position for several seconds before adjusting to the new frame and emacs
> takes much longer struggling to startup.  I have tried to adjust it in
> my Xresources file -- but no joy.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Changed my launch geometry to height x65 and not nearly as much
hesitation.
Other heights like  =< x64  or x66 => doesn't improve anything over the
original.  Scrollbar is stilling look for the right placement for a 2
seconds or more.
--
Regards Bill