* Aquamacs and html-helper-mode
@ 2007-01-30 21:57 srdjan.m
       [not found] ` <mailman.3810.1170226142.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: srdjan.m @ 2007-01-30 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

Sorry if this is not a place to ask about Aquamacs. But I'm having a
problem with the bundled
html-helper-mode. The problem is that TAB doesn't work. In other words
indentation via TAB key doesn't work. Any words of wisdom will be
greatly appreciated.

cheers

srdjan

* Aquamacs and html-helper-mode
@ 2007-01-31  6:48 ` Gian Uberto Lauri
       [not found] ` <mailman.3810.1170226142.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Gian Uberto Lauri @ 2007-01-31  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: srdjan.m; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

sm> Hello, Sorry if this is not a place to ask about Aquamacs. But I'm
sm> having a problem with the bundled html-helper-mode. The problem is
sm> that TAB doesn't work. In other words indentation via TAB key
sm> doesn't work. Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

What exactly means "doesn't work" ?

At this time the indentation engine in the mode does not indent all
the tags as does the default HTML mode.

--
 /\           ___
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____

* Re: Aquamacs and html-helper-mode
       [not found] ` <mailman.3810.1170226142.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-01-31 10:14   ` srdjan.m
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3813.1170240636.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: srdjan.m @ 2007-01-31 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

> What exactly means "doesn't work" ?

e.g.
When I press TAB key with cursor, when it is in front of <body>
nothing happens. The tag doesn't get indented.
Also wherever I press TAB key no indentation happens.

Thanks for your time

Srdjan

* Re: Aquamacs and html-helper-mode
@ 2007-01-31 10:50     ` Gian Uberto Lauri
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3813.1170240636.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Gian Uberto Lauri @ 2007-01-31 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: srdjan.m; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

sm> Hi,
>> What exactly means "doesn't work" ?

sm> e.g.  ...  <html> ...  <body> ...  When I press TAB key with
sm> cursor, when it is in front of <body> nothing happens. The tag
sm> doesn't get indented.  Also wherever I press TAB key no
sm> indentation happens.

Oh, it works fine, then. But it's workings doesn't suite your taste.

A solution could be to replace the indentation engine with that of FSF
html mode.

html-helper-mode developement  is a bit  halted. The main  feature was
painting in a special color  "server side scripts" of JSP/PHP and ASP,
but the kluge  once developed stopped to work  with the latest Emacsen
and their fine jit font-lock engine and a solution was not found.

--
 /\           ___

@ 2007-01-31 12:43       ` srdjan.m
From: srdjan.m @ 2007-01-31 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Oh, it works fine, then. But it's workings doesn't suite your taste.
>
> A solution could be to replace the indentation engine with that of FSF
> html mode.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll see if I can figure something out.

Thanks again for your time

srdjan

* Re: Aquamacs and html-helper-mode
@ 2007-01-31 14:59       ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-01-31 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: saint; +Cc: srdjan.m, help-gnu-emacs

Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:

> sm> Hi,
>>> What exactly means "doesn't work" ?
>
> sm> e.g.  ...  <html> ...  <body> ...  When I press TAB key with
> sm> cursor, when it is in front of <body> nothing happens. The tag
> sm> doesn't get indented.  Also wherever I press TAB key no
> sm> indentation happens.
>
> Oh, it works fine, then. But it's workings doesn't suite your taste.
>
> A solution could be to replace the indentation engine with that of FSF
> html mode.
>
> html-helper-mode developement  is a bit  halted. The main  feature was
> painting in a special color  "server side scripts" of JSP/PHP and ASP,
> but the kluge  once developed stopped to work  with the latest Emacsen
> and their fine jit font-lock engine and a solution was not found.

Maybe I should say that nxhtml-mode (see
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/NxhtmlModea) might be an
alternative too. However it requires Emacs 22 (stable, but in pretest
yet) and it is for XHTML.

This is helpful in a different way than html-helper-mode. nxhtml-mode
knows about the XHTML syntax and can do completion.

I have seen a rather low interest in this counted in the number of
downloads. Maybe it is too high-tech? (Not my part, but nxml-mode, which
it is based on ;-) .) Maybe it is because of missing features? I would
be interested to know.

Strangely enough I have seen a little bit bigger interest from Asian
countries.