* tmm-menubar not showing any menu items?
@ 2011-10-13  1:06 Lachlan Deck
From: Lachlan Deck @ 2011-10-13  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi there,

(for emacs 24~HEAD from a few weeks ago)

if I start up emacs without any customisations (i.e., emacs -Q), tmm-menubar works as expected, showing the buffer of options to choose from via a single letter.

However, with my customisations in place many times I find the tmm-menubar fails to show anything but the following:
Press PageUp key to reach this buffer from the minibuffer.
Alternatively, you can use Up/Down keys (or your History keys) to change
the item in the minibuffer, and press RET when you are done, or press the
marked letters to pick up your choice.  Type C-g or ESC ESC ESC to cancel.
In this buffer, type RET to select the completion near point.

There are no possible completions of what you have typed.

i.e., no options at all. How would I track down why this is failing?

Lachlan Deck
lachlan.deck@gmail.com

* Re: tmm-menubar not showing any menu items?
@ 2011-10-18  3:58 ` Lachlan Deck
From: Lachlan Deck @ 2011-10-18  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Anyone got any ideas on this at all? It's really quite frustrating.

I can only cycle through menu items in the minibar with the left/right arrow keys on the keyboard (rather than picking via a first-letter from a visual popup buffer) etc.

Any ideas on how to restore the popup buffer showing all menu items for completion?

@ 2011-10-18 17:19   ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2011-10-18 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Lachlan Deck', help-gnu-emacs

> Anyone got any ideas on this at all? It's really quite frustrating.
>
> I can only cycle through menu items in the minibar with the
> left/right arrow keys on the keyboard (rather than picking
> via a first-letter from a visual popup buffer) etc.
>
> Any ideas on how to restore the popup buffer showing all
> menu items for completion?

Sorry, I can't help with that.  That's why I didn't reply the first time you
asked for help.

But you might want to try La Carte as an alternative, while waiting.
You might even find that you prefer it to tmm-mode. ;-)

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/LaCarte