* Parsing all files with Semantic
@ 2007-01-12 20:20 fred
From: fred @ 2007-01-12 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I'm working on a rather big project with a dozens of libraries. I use
semantic intellisense and I would like all the files of my project
being parsed so that it can be helpful for me. I cannot update manually
the semantic database by opening each file (there are hundred of
thousands!) What can I do? My version is cedet pre1.3 (the latest one,
I think) and GNU emacs 21.3.1.
Thanks.
Fred

* Re: Parsing all files with Semantic
@ 2007-01-13  2:37 ` Hadron Quark
From: Hadron Quark @ 2007-01-13  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

fred@mayot.net writes:

> Hi,
> I'm working on a rather big project with a dozens of libraries. I use
> semantic intellisense and I would like all the files of my project
> being parsed so that it can be helpful for me. I cannot update manually
> the semantic database by opening each file (there are hundred of
> thousands!) What can I do? My version is cedet pre1.3 (the latest one,
> I think) and GNU emacs 21.3.1.
> Thanks.
> Fred

I dont know about semantic since I stopped using it because its
slow. Did you try cscope? (assuming c/c++ of course). It has a recursive
file parser.

* Re: Parsing all files with Semantic
@ 2007-01-31 19:29 ` Eric Ludlam
From: Eric Ludlam @ 2007-01-31 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

>>> fred@mayot.net seems to think that:
>Hi,
>I'm working on a rather big project with a dozens of libraries. I use
>semantic intellisense and I would like all the files of my project
>being parsed so that it can be helpful for me. I cannot update manually
>the semantic database by opening each file (there are hundred of
>thousands!) What can I do? My version is cedet pre1.3 (the latest one,
>I think) and GNU emacs 21.3.1.
>Thanks.
>Fred

Hi,

  The CVS version of CEDET recently added an ebrowse backend so you
can parse a thousand files in a second or so, and still access that
information on an as-needed basis using the slower and more accurate
semantic parser.

  Instructions are at the top of semantic/semanticdb-ebrowse.el.  The
mailing list will get you help on this topic.

Eric

--
Eric Ludlam                    The MathWorks x 7556  eludlam@mathworks.com
http://www.siege-engine.com                       http://www.mathworks.com