* How to get rid of stock (standard) speedbar if do not have root access?
@ 2006-12-13 17:34 christopherbalz
From: christopherbalz @ 2006-12-13 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm running the latest speedbar, as required by the Java Dev
Environment for Emacs, so I need (per the instructions) to delete the
stock speedbar.  But, as with many users, I am working in an
environment where I do not have root access.  So I can't delete the old
speedbar.

Is there a way to get rid of the stock speedbar without having to copy
over the entire install dir on the system to my local account and
redirect Emacs on startup completely to that?  For example, is there a
way to manipulate the load path to avoid just the old speedbar, and
leave the other loading unchanged?

Thank you in advance for your ideas on this.