* Macro restore from buffer
@ 2006-10-06 19:44 gonzo
       [not found] ` <mailman.7837.1160167614.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: gonzo @ 2006-10-06 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings,

Wimped out and dumped a keyboard macro into a buffer, saved to file
then exited emacs before figuring out about name-kbd-macro etc.
Question: can I load the "macro file" into a buffer and then store it
out somehow as a macro, or am I just outta luck?  It's a somewhat
complex sequence and it worked perfectly.

Thanks!

* RE: Macro restore from buffer
@ 2006-10-06 20:46 ` Drew Adams
       [not found] ` <mailman.7837.1160167614.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Drew Adams @ 2006-10-06 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Wimped out and dumped a keyboard macro into a buffer, saved to file
    then exited emacs before figuring out about name-kbd-macro etc.
    Question: can I load the "macro file" into a buffer and then store it
    out somehow as a macro, or am I just outta luck?  It's a somewhat
    complex sequence and it worked perfectly.

I'm no expert on this, but try selecting the dumpted text and then using
`M-x read-kbd-macro'. And see the doc for this command.

@ 2006-10-08  0:58   ` gonzo
From: gonzo @ 2006-10-08  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'll give that a shot, thanks.

Is there anything Emacs CAN'T do..?  Sheesh!

* Re: Macro restore from buffer
@ 2006-10-12 14:16     ` gonzo
From: gonzo @ 2006-10-12 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Drew,

Maybe you're no expert but that works a treat, thanks!!  Opens up some
new possibilities.

Cheers!