* temporary file name, with a twist
@ 2006-09-07 15:31 nobrowser
From: nobrowser @ 2006-09-07 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

in my lisp code, I need to get a unique temporary file name, but _with
a specific suffix_.  There doesn't seem to be a built-in or an easy
lispy way of doing this.  As for devious ways, on Debian there is the
tempfile program but I don't think this generalizes even to other Linux
distros.  Or I could use the maildir scheme:
${hostname}_${emacs_pid}_${timestamp}.${suffix}, but how to portably
get the hostname?  mail-host-name can't be used because the very point
is to distinguish between distinct host at the same site.

This must have been done before ...