* Markdown mode?
@ 2006-08-28 20:45 jmg3000
       [not found] ` <mailman.5872.1156823645.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: jmg3000 @ 2006-08-28 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to edit Markdown
(http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/) files with Emacs and
have syntax highlighting. I searched the EmacsWiki, and was able to
find one for Textile (http://dev.nozav.org/textile-mode.html), but not
Markdown.

I'm on Ubuntu & Debian, and have installed emacs-color-themes (gray30
is most excellent IMO after changing the comment from italic to plain).
Unfortunately, at the moment, I don't know any Lisp.

Thanks,
---John

* Re: Markdown mode?
@ 2006-08-29  3:53 ` Edward O'Connor
       [not found] ` <mailman.5872.1156823645.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Edward O'Connor @ 2006-08-29  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'm looking for a way to edit Markdown[...] files with Emacs and have
> syntax highlighting.

I've been (off-and-on, mostly off) working on a Markdown mode for a
while; I'll post it to the EmacsWiki and gnu.emacs.sources when it's
ready.

Ted

--
Edward O'Connor
hober0@gmail.com

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

* Re: Markdown mode?
       [not found] ` <mailman.5872.1156823645.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-08-29  5:33   ` jmg3000
From: jmg3000 @ 2006-08-29  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Edward O'Connor wrote:
> > I'm looking for a way to edit Markdown[...] files with Emacs and have
> > syntax highlighting.
>
> I've been (off-and-on, mostly off) working on a Markdown mode for a
> while; I'll post it to the EmacsWiki and gnu.emacs.sources when it's
> ready.
>

> Ted

Woo hoo! Looking forward to it! :)

Thanks,