* Emacs and JabRef
@ 2006-07-18 21:58 newbKt
From: newbKt @ 2006-07-18 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone have experience with working with both of these programs?
I'm trying to pushout the JabRef .bib file to Emacs but it tells me
that I don't have a gnuclient. I'm sure I do since I'm running
AucTeX/Emacs. Any ideas?

Thanks,
kt

* Re: Emacs and JabRef
@ 2006-07-19  5:53 ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2006-07-19  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

* newbKt (2006-07-18) writes:

> Does anyone have experience with working with both of these programs?
> I'm trying to pushout the JabRef .bib file to Emacs but it tells me
> that I don't have a gnuclient. I'm sure I do since I'm running
> AucTeX/Emacs. Any ideas?

gnuclient and gnuserv are programs you have to install separately.  If
you are working on GNU/Linux or similar platforms you can use the
built-in server with emacsclient instead.

--
Ralf

* Re: Emacs and JabRef
@ 2006-07-19 23:13   ` newbKt
From: newbKt @ 2006-07-19 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

> gnuclient and gnuserv are programs you have to install separately.  If
> you are working on GNU/Linux or similar platforms you can use the
> built-in server with emacsclient instead.

copying a version or emacs into the JabRef folder and renaming it to
gnuclient seems to work...sort of, but I don't know how JabRef is
pushing out the bibliography. Does it produce another tex file? I can't
find it if it does.

kt

* Re: Emacs and JabRef
@ 2006-07-20 18:36     ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2006-07-20 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

* newbKt (2006-07-20) writes:

>> gnuclient and gnuserv are programs you have to install separately.  If
>> you are working on GNU/Linux or similar platforms you can use the
>> built-in server with emacsclient instead.
>
> copying a version or emacs into the JabRef folder and renaming it to
> gnuclient seems to work...

Ouch!  That really hurts.  The emacs binary is not equivalent to the
gnuclient binary which is asking for trouble.  If you don't want to
install gnuserv/gnuclient, why don't you add the bin directory of
Emacs to PATH and configure JabRef to use emacs?

> sort of, but I don't know how JabRef is
> pushing out the bibliography. Does it produce another tex file? I can't
> find it if it does.

Sorry, I cannot help here because I don't know JabRef.

--
Ralf

* Re: Emacs and JabRef
@ 2006-07-21 14:42       ` newbKt
From: newbKt @ 2006-07-21 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

a version or emacs into the JabRef folder and renaming it to
> > gnuclient seems to work...
>
> Ouch!  That really hurts.  The emacs binary is not equivalent to the
> gnuclient binary which is asking for trouble.  If you don't want to
> install gnuserv/gnuclient, why don't you add the bin directory of
> Emacs to PATH and configure JabRef to use emacs?

Mmmm, okay, then I'm confused as how I should point JabRef to Emacs.
That's what I would like to do, but I can't find the setting to change
any of that.

Thanks.
kt