* Need help with Auctex installation
@ 2006-03-18 21:21 Tong Wang
From: Tong Wang @ 2006-03-18 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,
        I am trying to install Auctex for Emacs and got some problems here. I have been struggled for a while, please
help me out here.

System:   windows XP + Cygwin
Emacs:  emacs-21.3 (for windows, binary downloaded and used without installation)
Latex: Miktex    ( I have put its directory  c:/texmf/miktex/bin   at the biginning of both PATH variable of Cygwin and Windows)
Auctex: auctex-11.82
Compilation:  ./configure --prefix='c:/cygwin/home/Owner/emacs-21.3' --with-texmf-dir='/cygdrive/c/localtexmf' --disable-pre
view  ( followed by make, make install,  ALL WENT THROUGH WITHOUT ERROR)
.emacs:    (setq load-path (cons "~/auctex-11.82" load-path))  ;   (require 'tex-site)      NO ERROR ON STARTING EMACS

But when I try to latex a file in emacs,  I always got the following error:
 " This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
    kpathsea: Running mktexfmt latex.fmt
    /usr/bin/mktexfmt: line 333: /texconfig/tcfmgr: No such file or directory
    fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.
    I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!    "
My guessing: It looks the emacs is still trying to use the Latex comes with Cygwin,  but even if I do : latex  myfile.tex   in Cygwin , it calls the miktex and works very well.   Could someone tell me how to refer emacs to the Miktex.

Thanks tons in advance.

best
tong

* Re: Need help with Auctex installation
       [not found] <mailman.48.1142720361.3794.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-03-19  0:54 ` Maarten Bergvelt
From: Maarten Bergvelt @ 2006-03-19  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <mailman.48.1142720361.3794.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>, Tong Wang wrote:

> Hi there, I am trying to install Auctex for Emacs and got some
> problems here. I have been struggled for a while, please help me out
> here.

[snip]

Why don't you produce a bug report for Auctex? This automatically
produces all relevant configuration information, and the experts can
help you.

--
Maarten Bergvelt

@ 2006-03-19 13:57 ` zhandc
From: zhandc @ 2006-03-19 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think this problem might be caused by you miktex installation.