* interaction with "internal" emacs processes.
@ 2005-10-06 15:44 mak kwak
From: mak kwak @ 2005-10-06 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Halo
My question is rather general.
Quite often I have a need of controling some internal emacs processes. By "internal process" i mean an action that is not listed by `M-x list-processes' but still seems to be and independant process. Examples are: action invoked by `M-x ediff-directories' or `M-x cvs-checkout'.
My question is: can I interact somehow with those emacs "internal processes" ? Especially I would like to deffer invocations of a lisp function after "internal process" is finished.

Example:
(defun my-cvs-checkout-example ()
""
(call-interactively 'cvs-checkout)
(message "checking out cvs repository finished") ;;. I want it be run as cvs-checkout is finished and here it is not.
)

I expect that sometimes there is a special hook that is run after something is finished, but sometimes there is no such hook ( like here for example ). I also did not find any `wait' elisp function that would wait for other function to be finished.

My question is: are there any mechanisms in elisp that make such things be possible.
Greetings

Zapraszamy na sesję naukową "Społeczeństwo
obywatelskie - nowe imię solidarności" 8 października w Gdańsku.
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Fsesja.html&sid=526

* Re: interaction with "internal" emacs processes.
@ 2005-10-07 14:19 mak kwak
From: mak kwak @ 2005-10-07 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank You Friedrich and Kevin for response.
I will go that way.
Greetings.