* Info about programming emacs with lisp
@ 2005-09-28 14:56 Sauro Cesaretti
From: Sauro Cesaretti @ 2005-09-28 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
I'm looking for some information to learn
programming emacs with lisp.
In particular I'm looking for one basic guide
written in ascii text format.
Thanks in advance for all information.
Yours sincerely.
Sauro Cesaretti

* Re: Info about programming emacs with lisp
@ 2005-09-28 15:36 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2005-09-28 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Help-gnu-emacs

Sauro Cesaretti wrote:

>Hi all,
>I'm looking for some information to learn
>programming emacs with lisp.
>In particular I'm looking for one basic guide
>written in ascii text format.
>Thanks in advance for all information.
>Yours sincerely.
>Sauro Cesaretti

I have found the Emacs Lisp manual that comes with Emacs CVS version
(next generation Emacs) to be a good start. Inside Emacs you can also
look up the code for each function in the help. This works very good in
the CVS version (and since I have been mostly using that I have
forgotten much about Emacs 21.3 ;-)

* Re: Info about programming emacs with lisp
       [not found] <mailman.8993.1127919973.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-09-28 15:42 ` Pascal Bourguignon
From: Pascal Bourguignon @ 2005-09-28 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Sauro Cesaretti" <sauro.cesaretti@cheapnet.it> writes:
> I'm looking for some information to learn
> programming emacs with lisp.
> In particular I'm looking for one basic guide
> written in ascii text format.

Normally the emacs lisp manual is installed and available thru
info. Type the following in emacs:

C-h i t m elisp RET

or:

(info "elisp") C-x C-e

I need a new toy.
Tail of black dog keeps good time.
Pounce! Good dog! Good dog!

* Re: Info about programming emacs with lisp
@ 2005-09-28 15:44 ` Olive
From: Olive @ 2005-09-28 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html#Manuals

@ 2005-09-28 20:19 ` rgb
From: rgb @ 2005-09-28 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sauro Cesaretti wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm looking for some information to learn
> programming emacs with lisp.
> In particular I'm looking for one basic guide
> written in ascii text format.
> Thanks in advance for all information.
> Yours sincerely.
> Sauro Cesaretti

This seems to meet all the requirements you specified.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs-lisp-intro/txt/emacs-lisp-intro.txt

From: rgb @ 2005-09-28 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)