* git mode for emacs
@ 2009-06-26 14:45 rustom
From: rustom @ 2009-06-26 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Can anyone give some tips on which git mode works for emacs?
I tried git.el but it seems to be broken -- my report at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/122295

Im looking at dvc but its really obese and does not even have an entry
on how to configure to use the git backend!!

------------------------
Well...
I typed this and then tried google and got Richard's pages on git
+emacs. [Thanks Richard]
I tried magit and its broken under windows as is git.el
Right now I'm on linux and egg seems to be good.

Anyone with experience of egg on windows?

* Re: git mode for emacs
@ 2009-06-28 14:59 grischka
From: grischka @ 2009-06-28 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rustompmody; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> So let me restate my question -- How to use git with
> emacs under windows?

I'd just make a shortcut key (and/or menu entry) to start "gitk" and
"git-gui" within the current project and be fine.  They are not perfect
but still the best gui wrappers you can probably get atm in regards
to intuitiveness and well though out feature set.

--- grischka