* german quotes and mule
@ 2007-01-08 20:56 M G Berberich
From: M G Berberich @ 2007-01-08 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

using mule-ucs for editing UTF-8 encoded files I have a problem. Emacs
does not use the existing glyphs from the normal font but substitutes
some from other fonts, that are far too big and too wide. Unfortunaly
this happens with german quotationmarks and the ellipsis, characters I
need quite often.

(please see <http://www.forwiss.uni-passau.de/~berberic/emacs-utf-8.png>)

I'm using emacs-snapshot from 20061106

  GNU Emacs 23.0.0.1

	MfG
	bmg

btw: Why is conversion to unicode so slow/difficult for emacsen?
--
"Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!"          | berberic@fmi.uni-passau.de