Hi, interestingly when I now turn on pandoc-mode there is no error-message. I don’t know why, but it is like this. I have not used it yet, I just installed it, in case I will use it. Thanks for help. Kind regards Gottfried Am 14.02.23 um 20:52 schrieb Joost Kremers: > On Tue, Feb 14 2023, Bruno Barbier wrote: >> Gottfried writes: >>> I loaded the pandoc-mode: >>> >>> M-x pandoc-mode >>> >>> and there came up this messages: >>> >>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil) >>> string-match("markdown" nil) >> >> You should have other lines below this one, that might help us help you. > > Yes, there should be more, or otherwise do `M-x toggle-debug-on-error` before > running pandoc-mode. That should pop up a backtrace buffer, the contents of that > buffer should provide more insight. > >> Note that pandoc-mode is not part of Emacs and that it has its own >> mailing list: >> >> https://groups.google.com/g/pandoc-discuss > > Actually, that's the mailing list for Pandoc itself, not for pandoc-mode, which > doesn't have a mailing list. If you have a Github account, it's best to open an > issue here: . Otherwise, you > might as well contact me directly. (I'm the pandoc-mode maintainer; > unfortunately, work is taking up a lot of my time, so I haven't been able to > dedicate as much time to pandoc-mode as I should...) > >> Else, FWIW, turning pandoc-mode ON doesn't raise any error in my Emacs. > > It doesn't for me, either. > > HTH > > --