* compilation-mode not processing color escape codes
@ 2010-03-10 17:56 Alex Reed
From: Alex Reed @ 2010-03-10 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Using compilation-mode, I am calling a compile tool-flow.  One of the
steps of the compilation outputs colored/bolded text to the terminal.
This is done in python using '\033[1;30m'  to bold, and '\033[m' to un-
bold.

Emacs then displays the resulting output as "^[[1;30m<string>^[[m".

How can I convince emacs to either (a) display the requested color, or
(b) strip/ignore the escape sequences?

* Re: compilation-mode not processing color escape codes
@ 2010-03-13  9:24 ` A.Politz
From: A.Politz @ 2010-03-13  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Mar 10, 6:56 pm, Alex Reed <acre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Using compilation-mode, I am calling a compile tool-flow.  One of the
> steps of the compilation outputs colored/bolded text to the terminal.
> This is done in python using '\033[1;30m'  to bold, and '\033[m' to un-
> bold.
>
> Emacs then displays the resulting output as "^[[1;30m<string>^[[m".
>
> How can I convince emacs to either (a) display the requested color, or
> (b) strip/ignore the escape sequences?

Maybe you could pipe the output from your tool through 'col -b' or use
`ansi-color-apply-on-region' in a `compilation-filter-hook'.

-ap