All the world over, I will back the masses against the classes. When a flirt fishes for a man, she fishes merely for the sport. A certain amount of opposition is a great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with, the wind. To me -- old age is always ten years older than I am. Much ingenuity with a little money is vastly more profitable and amusing than much money without ingenuity. All human beings are also dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together. We may find in the long run that tinned food is a deadlier weapon than the machine-gun. My candle burns at both ends it will not last the night but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -- it gives a lovely light! Upon the education of the people of this country the fate of this country depends. It is the fate of the great ones of this earth, to be appreciated only after they are gone. Speak of the Devil and he appears. Let's win one for the Gipper. The beginning of an acquaintance whether with persons or things is to get a definite outline of our ignorance. Love is full of anxious fears. We who officially value freedom of speech above life itself seem to have nothing to talk about but the weather. Never celebrate until you are really out of the woods. They might be behind the last tree.