unofficial mirror of emacs-tangents@gnu.org
From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
To: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
Cc: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>, emacs-tangents@gnu.org
Subject: Free software politics, not world politics please
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 13:41:16 +0300	[thread overview]

* Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> [2022-06-25 12:47]:
> On 25.06.2022 09:49, Jean Louis wrote:
> > Sure you have. Just that we wish to include Russian in this mailing
> > list, and Ukrainian, and not foster conflicts with this war mongering
> > signature of yours. Find better forums for that.
>
> I don't mind the signature.

Please understand that we do not talk about Dmitry here, we talk about
nice behavior on a mailing list related to free software.

Free software is what unites all members of this mailing list, and
what brings new people to produce free software.

It is not relevant from where those people come from, which
nationality, and so on.

By promoting delivery of weapons Herr Uwe Brauer also promotes
continuance of further killing in Ukraine. That may be his choice, I
call it Labern in German, but that for his promotion he better finds
some other more appropriate forums. As that is world politics, and not
free software politics.

World politics may divide people on GNU mailing lists.

Avoiding politics on GNU mailing list is a friendly way to
go. Promoting wars cannot be friendly as it is always either this or
against the other side. It is not inclusive.

GNU Kind Communications Guidelines
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.html

,----
`----