unofficial mirror of emacs-tangents@gnu.org
From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
To: emacs-tangents@gnu.org
Subject: Please let us stop with discrimination and politics
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 09:13:58 +0300	[thread overview]

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2022-03-10 00:03]:
> > Anyway, what would you suggest the FSF could do?
> > Inform contributors from Russia, such as Dmitry Gutov, that
> > their contributions are no longer welcome?
>
> It is up to them to decide. Think! Start by writing
> a statement and put a common banner on all sites, this war is
> wrong, it is inconsistent with our ideals and dreams for what
> free software can bring to all humanity.

Please let us stop with other politics as it brings discrimination
against Emacs contributors. Let us care for each other for reason that
we are free software users; not for reasons to which nation we belong,
or which language we speak.

Let us prevent any kind of discrimination among free software
contributors.

Let us please UPHOLD the human rights how they are approved by
countries in the world and recognized as such:

https://standup4humanrights.org/en/article.html

Right to equality before the law

The law is the same for everyone and should be applied in the same manner to all.

    All are equal before the law and are entitled without any
    discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to
    equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this
    Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.

And free software is a tool and is not related to people who cause
wars.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman