*sigh* It should be a basic human right. That isn't the current reality. It is currently a privilege. Many good folks are working very hard to transform this privilege into a basic human right. Are we done trolling yet? > Your statements are too general and I do not see how they relate It's okay don't worry about it. Your point of view is the only correct one, so don't work too hard in exploring other people's. -- Aldric. Sent from a mobile device. On Fri, Jan 8, 2021, 06:46 Jean Louis wrote: > > > > >Free software is a privilege, as it is. It requires a lot of knowledge > >about computing praxis and culture, internet culture, legal stuff, and > >politics. > > How privilege? I don't see how is free software privilege. Not for me. It > should be basic human right for users to have control of their data, and > not to let other companies or individuals control my data. > > Better said proprietary software is mischievous unfortunate degrading > event of human history and we are working to the reverse it. > > >It’s fundamental and inevitable and unavoidable for free software to > >interact and cooperate with non-free software, if such a goal is not > >limited to the use cases of some privileged hackers. > > We have fully free software that need not ever interact or cooperate with > non free. So I don't know where you pull out that anti information. Just > start with www.gnu.org to find software that never ever need to cooperate > with proprietary software. > > > >Most software, > >and > >most of popular software is closed source. > > I did not count to say so. But what is popular it does not matter in GNU > project, what matters is that we do have fully free software and operating > systems. > > >Most users of software > >_cannot_ avoid non-free software. > > Whoever is informed well and decides so themselves can switch to fully > free software. People make decisions on their own. > > GNU project is everything else but not ivory tower. Otherwise you would > not be able to discuss here. > > What GNU project promotes is free software. GNU never says to its users > to use exclusively free software and never condemns people for using > proprietary software. > > I thus do not see where is problem. > > Your statements are too general and I do not see how they relate. > > > >