unofficial mirror of emacs-tangents@gnu.org
* Is Bootstrap JS (MIT license) compatible with FSF?
@ 2021-08-31 23:21 Arthur Miller
From: Arthur Miller @ 2021-08-31 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-tangents; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/about/license/

I would like to use it in a little elisp project of mine (an org blog idea), but
I have no idea if it is compatible with free software or not.

Sorry if this seems to be to vague for Emacs dev.

tia
/arthur

* Re: Is Bootstrap JS (MIT license) compatible with FSF?
@ 2021-08-31 23:50 ` Yuchen Pei
From: Yuchen Pei @ 2021-08-31 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arthur Miller; +Cc: emacs-tangents, help-gnu-emacs

Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:

> https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/about/license/
>
> I would like to use it in a little elisp project of mine (an org
> blog idea), but
> I have no idea if it is compatible with free software or not.

I haven't used bootstrap but it looks like it's under a free
software license (Expat aka MIT or Apache2) compatible with GPLv3.
The only problem I can think of is librejs-compliance which you
can fix by following the instructions at
<https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/free-your-javascript.html>.

--
Best,
Yuchen

PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
           <https://ypei.me/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Is Bootstrap JS (MIT license) compatible with FSF?
@ 2021-09-01  3:09   ` Arthur Miller
From: Arthur Miller @ 2021-09-01  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuchen Pei; +Cc: emacs-tangents, help-gnu-emacs

Yuchen Pei <hi@ypei.me> writes:

> Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:
>
>> https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/about/license/
>>
>> I would like to use it in a little elisp project of mine (an org blog idea),
>> but
>> I have no idea if it is compatible with free software or not.
>
> I haven't used bootstrap but it looks like it's under a free software license
> (Expat aka MIT or Apache2) compatible with GPLv3. The only problem I can think
> of is librejs-compliance which you can fix by following the instructions at
> <https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/free-your-javascript.html>.

That one about libre-js was useful, thank you!

* Re: Is Bootstrap JS (MIT license) compatible with FSF?
@ 2021-09-01 11:47 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-09-01 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arthur Miller; +Cc: emacs-tangents, help-gnu-emacs

> From: Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
> Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 01:21:19 +0200
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/about/license/

Yes, this is OK.

* Re: Is Bootstrap JS (MIT license) compatible with FSF?
@ 2021-09-01 13:21   ` Arthur Miller
From: Arthur Miller @ 2021-09-01 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-tangents, help-gnu-emacs

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes: