* Ubuntu 10.0: TERM=Linux: facemenu steals arrow keys
@ 2012-01-07 19:10 T. V. Raman
From: T. V. Raman @ 2012-01-07 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,
This problem started after a git update from savannah yesterday.

Environment: Ubuntu 10.0
Linux Console (i.e. outside X)
TERM=linux (terminal type)

I suddenly found the arrow keys invoking facemenu-set-default.

Describe Function (attached output below) on
facemenu-set-default shows that it is indeed bound to \eOD,
which coincidentally is what the left arrow key generates on the
linux console.

I verified that  this is still true with emacs -q -- but with  a
minimal emacspeak environment loaded; I dont  believe the binding
is coming from Emacspeak as far as I can tell.

facemenu-set-default is an interactive Lisp function.

It is bound to meta o d , META cap G d , <control down-mouse-2>

(facemenu-set-default)

Select face `default' for subsequent insertion.
If the mark is active and there is no prefix argument,
apply face `default' to the region instead.
This command was defined by `facemenu-add-new-face'.

--
Best Regards,
--raman