* Backporting changes into emacs-23 prior to pretest
@ 2010-10-24 16:44 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2010-10-24 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

In preparation for the Emacs 23.3 pretest, I'd like to ask everyone if
there are any specific parts of the trunk you'd like to see backported.
The 23.3 release will be mostly bugfixes, so significant new features
will not be considered.  However, updated "stable" versions of exsiting
modes and packages should be acceptable.

(One set of changes that I think would be good to backport are the
improvements to VC since emacs-23 was branched.  However, this is
complicated by the fact that the Lisp files have been moved into a vc/
directory in the trunk, so I'm not sure how to go about merging them.
Does anyone have a suggestion?)