~\/~ "Kim" == Kim F Storm writes: ... Kim> Stay tuned :-) ok :) As M.B. suggests i switch to FRINGE_FACE_ID and FRINGE_INACTIVE_FACE_ID naming notation. (a reason exists). I don't understand why you (Kim) introduces (on 2004-02-09 as Changelog) right_user_fringe_face_id and left_user_fringe_face_id The respect of this user capability create to me dubts on what it's better... how to create optional left_user_fringe_inactive_face_id and _user_fringe_inactive_face_id, i can introduce differential face_id number an highlight function of fringe could respect more by default left and right fringe user preference. an updated patch containing following modification follows: M etc/TODO removed DONE stuff (just for rem, because you are the one who made fringe user configurable) M lisp/faces.el added face fringe-inactive M lisp/ibuffer.el text fix in desc: long lines implies big column values, not "long columns"! M lisp/log-edit.el fix tipo: defar insted defvar M src/dispextern.h added basic face FRINGE_INACTIVE_FACE_ID added macro CURRENT_FRINGE_FACE_ID(W): returns the FRINGE*_FACE_ID depending on window (selected/unselected) added macro CURRENT_DELTA_FRINGE_FACE_ID(W), it's an idea (to be discussed) M src/fringe.c partially disabled user left and right fringe configurable to set brutally to current basic fringe (should be discussed) maybe we need to define right_user_fringe_inactive_face_id right_user_fringe_inactive_face_id (better if a delta compatible to CURRENT_DELTA_FRINGE_FACE_ID.. it's just a possibility far to be the best) M src/window.c other-window call Fselect_window only if selected_window is effectively a new one (this modify enlight task when only 1 window is in the farme for either mode-line-fringe/mode-line-inactive and fringe/fringe_inactive) M src/xfaces.c added lisp object Qfringe_inactive M src/xfns.c personal preference (narrow scroll bar)