related to previous discussion with Kim and , an updated patch follows the additional news: fringe.c: i remove my bitmap redefinition (but i keep change on default ALIGN of thos bitmap), and i move my bitmaps in a customizable variable fringe-bitmap-group in fringe.el, which can be default nil tiny (0) small (1) medium (2) all bitmaps valuea are defined in a octal string, i was in dubt about the name of fringe-bitmap-group, is it fine or it is better fringe-bitmaps-group or something else? The fringe/fringe_inactive now react fine istantly when mouse is moved or another window is selected. [I'm waiting papers in my address box in Italy, right?]