Attached are three files: 1) TUTORIAL.fa --- NEW FILE which goes in etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL.fa 2) persian.el --- NEW FILE which goes in lisp/language/persian.el 3) 0001-Added-persian.el-to-loadup.el-and-minor-fixes-in-lis.patch patches to lisp/loadup.el which adds language/persian.el patches to language/misc-lang.el which are purely comment oriented. This is how I did it for myself. If you want to follow the same pattern, it is best to take the persian part out of misc-lang.el and perhaps create a separate file for arabic. I leave the arrangement in your capable hands ... From my side, TUTORIAL.fa is really the main piece. Thanks and regards, ...Mohsen Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: محسن بنان >> Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 17:12:22 -0700 >> >> >> Dear Colleagues, >> >> I have translated the Emacs tutorial to Farsi/Persian. >> >> The translated file is at: >> https://github.com/bx-blee/tutorials/blob/main/emacs/TUTORIAL.fa >> >> It includes various bidi markers. >> >> Because of that, it would be great if Eli were to >> take care of adding it to the git tree. Thanks in advance. >> >> I have tested the inclusion in my own 29 branch >> and in the process of doing so, I notices the >> following: >> >> ------ >> Fix typo in lisp/language/misc-lang.el s/ZWMJ/ZWNJ/ >> Suggestions for lisp/language/misc-lang.el >> In the first line of doc string spell out Zero Width Non-joiner >> Position the Arabic comment box properly – not on top of coding system >> Question: why are Arabic and Persian in Misc? Is it because they do not have a tutorial? >> ------ >> >> My own build involved addition of persian.el >> https://github.com/bx-blee/tutorials/blob/main/emacs/persian.el >> and addition of a line to loadup.el. >> >> These are all mentioned in the readme at: >> https://github.com/bx-blee/tutorials/blob/main/emacs/README.org >> >> I have already received my $1 and the copyright >> paper work is already in place. >> >> I'll be happy to build and verify after the git push. > > Thanks. Could you please submit the changes as patches for the > emacs-29 branch of the Emacs Git repository? The tutorial file is > new, so you could just send it as a separate attachment, but the rest > will be more convenient to install if you submit patches in the form > of "git format-patch" against the emacs-29 branch. > > As for your question about misc-lang: there's no particular reason, > just that we didn't want to have too small files with one or two > language-environments in them. The name of the language files are not > important, since they all are preloaded into Emacs.