* XEmacs package code
@ 2002-04-13 15:23 Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor]
From: Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor] @ 2002-04-13 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I should note that I am not the author of much of the package code per
se; Steve Baur is.  I have written all of the code dealing with path
management.

More importantly, the current design of the package system is
generally perceived as a failure in the XEmacs community, even by
Steve.  (I'll be happy to explain why if anyone's interested.)  Thus,
it may not be desirable to adapt this code for Emacs.

I have designed a new one, but have not been able to spend much time
on implementing it.  Once I do, I'll try my best to make the code
modular and sharable between the Emacsen.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike

* XEmacs package code
@ 2002-04-05 19:06 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-04-05 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sperber, the author of the package code in XEmacs,
signed papers for it but does not have time to adapt it for Emacs.
It is in files packages.el and some of startup.el.
Would someone like to adapt that?