Ahoy Corwin Corwin Brust writes: > On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 6:45 AM H. Dieter Wilhelm > wrote: >> >> I realised that ntldd.exe doesn't show any msys/mingw dependencies at >> all, only Windows stuff! -> So I removed all Windows references from >> PATH. (Don't ask me why ntldd searches Windows paths first.) >> >> Then, it seem's, that the msys/mingw people changed the tree layout of >> their files! When I'm changing "msys64" with "mingw64" in >> build-dep-zips.py: Óscar Fuentes said there were no changes in the layout lately, I assume we just installed MSYS/MinGW differently as Phil did. (I'm going to learn what is recommended as the default path for MSYS/MinGW in INSTALL.W64) > [snip] >> ## if len(splt) > 2 and "msys64" in splt[2]: >> if len(splt) > 2 and "mingw64" in splt[2]: > > With this, we are much closer. New set is uploaded to the > with-native-compilation folder in the usual Not Sure If We Are Ready > For Prime Time location[1]. Thanks, I had a look. Before I forget - just in case - only stuff in "with-native-compilation" is updated! But I guess you'll upload only "with-native-compilation" anyway. :-) > This version has 62 DLLs as were listed in the txt file attached to my > recent reply to to Phil in this same thread. I still need to review > those against the 77 you reported from 27.2 but that's not going to be > tonight. Please see in the attached file a comparison of Arash Esbati's (thanks again), mine and your list of DLLs. And it looks reasonable to me. I'm afraid we can't compare 27.2 builds from Phil's setup one on 1 with our 28 builds. > Meanwhile, I tested these (using the zip with deps version) on kiddos > gaming rig and verified that the tests from w32-feature pass, > package-refresh-package works, and various types of image load. I > also checked with ProcessExplorer that I'm not loading DLLs except > those provided with the dist and those under some windows/system path. Very good, thank you kiddos! :-) > As an interesting aside: I see that it *is* loading the natively > compiled sources that were build and packaged with Emacs. This is > despite getting a nil return from `native-comp-avialable-p', which > suggests that even people without a local libgccjit+gcc (e.g. a > working MSYS) can benefit from (the bundled) nativly compiled sources > we distribute. [[stroking chin myscheviously]] As far as I understood, this is exactly what Eli hoped for. Such systems can't natively compile stuff but benefit from available .eln files. :-) > Please let me know if you think these are ready to push to alpha. Please push. Except others, with more experience, want to chime in.. > Attached are dffs for admin/nt/dist-build thus far. They are looking good (.. I don't comprehend the -static issue, yet. But don't mind.) > [1] https://git.sr.ht/~mplscorwin/emacs-w64 (... and then please go to the folder "with-native-compilation")