Hello all, on my Emacs I'm toying with the attached patch. Applied on top of master it adds the inferred type for native compiled functions into the help buffer. So for instance for a function like: (defun foo (n) (unless (integerp n) (error "Panic")) (if (> n 100) 'too-big (if (< n 100) 'to-small n))) The content of the *Help* buffer becomes: ==== foo is a native-compiled Lisp function in ‘~/.emacs.d/eln-cache/30.0.50-e29d76eb/test-a526a80f-5481bc95.eln’. Signature: (foo N) Inferred type: (function (t) (or (member to-small too-big) (integer 100 100))) ... ==== Indeed the native compiler is not capable of predicting precisly the return type for every compiled function, often can't predict anything more precise than 't'. But in a -Q Emacs on my system it manages to predict non trivial results for ~20% of loaded functions at startup. I feel this would be a nice addition to the self-documenting capabilities of Emacs, so I wanted to probe what's the general feeling about this. If it's considered too invasive we might indeed control it with a customize, WDYT? ATM I adds as well "Signature: " in front of the signature to differentiate it from the type. But looking at it in restrospective it might be not even necessary. Thanks Andrea