Stefan Monnier writes: >>> - I suspect there's some good reason I'm not aware of why we don't >>> eb539e92e9 at all (this is not necessary to fix the reported issue >>> tho). >> >> Like I said earlier, I always thought that this problem doesn't affect >> the pdumper builds. Perhaps that's not true with native-compilation? > > I can't see any good reason not to warn about purespace overflow, > regardless if it leads to misbehavior or not: we clearly do want to size > the purespace to avoid overflow. I agree. And I think we'd better to install also (other than my other suggested patch) the attached. This to warn not only at the end when dumping, but also in the moment the overflow happens. This helps debugging in case of a crash or analyzing the dynamic of an issue. Andrea