Hi all. I'd like share the investigation I've been working on to give Emacs the ability to compile and run elisp as native code. Despite being in very early stage it's functional and shows some quite interesting potential in terms of performance benefit. I then thought was at a good stage to be shared and discussed. I wrote a small page to describe what I did and how it works plus the current status not to have the information spread in various mails. http://akrl.sdf.org/gccemacs.html The repository is hosted at the following link and the current patch is attached. https://gitlab.com/koral/gccemacs In case this is of interest I'd love to see it as feature branch to better collect feedback and work on its evolution. Best Regards Andrea -- akrl@sdf.org