On Sat, Apr 20 2013, Agustin Martin wrote: > After that I tried harder to reproduce the problem with the original > unchanged code without success, so I have my doubts about this change being > really needed or the best one, `(numberp flyspell-pre-point)' test should > already care of nil `flyspell-pre-point'. Not exactly. (numberp flyspell-pre-point) checks the variable before buffer is switched in `flyspell-post-command-hook' at which point the variable changes the value. I confess that I'm not sure how the variable may be nil in given buffer with `flyspell-pre-buffer' not being nil since those are always set together, but for some reason I experienced a behaviour which I could only explain if the following is true: (and flyspell-pre-buffer (with-current-buffer flyspell-pre-buffer (not flyspell-pre-point))) > I'd appreciate a minimal step-by-step guide to reproduce the original > problem with the original code, if it can be systematically > reproduced. If it appeared randomly, please provide as much info as > you can. I was experiencing the problem every time I sent an email signed with PGG. I've never experienced it doing anything else or sending the mail without signature. The error in *Messages* reads: Error in post-command-hook (flyspell-post-command-hook): (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil) Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a minimal set of configuration which makes the problem appear, so it may be caused by interactions which whatever hundred of configuration options I'm using. If you wish to take a look, my configuration files are: * https://github.com/mina86/dot-files/blob/master/dot-emacs * https://github.com/mina86/dot-files/blob/master/dot-mail If you want I can try and take a deeper look later on, but cannot promise anything this week. -- Best regards, _ _ .o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of o' \,=./ `o ..o | Computer Science, Michał “mina86” Nazarewicz (o o) ooo +------------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--