David Kastrup writes: > Just working on a newer version right now. Ok, here is my current version (apart from documentation which needs to get added to several places, of course). I've stolen some improvements from Juri in the course, but the pleasure's mutual. I have not added the \? proposal yet as I feel it of dubious utility: without a proper prompt string, it will probably feel unconvenient to use in particular where several \? occur, and I don't see a good syntax for prompt strings: mandating them to be LF-ended would require C-q C-j even when you don't want them after all, and you can easily do them with \,(read-string "My prompt") anyway. Maybe a fixed space-terminated (not-escapable) prompt would do, like \? xxx to get no particular prompt string and \?veracity xxx to get "veracity" as a prompt. But I really don't like that too much.