* feature request
@ 2004-07-16  3:12 Sun Yijiang
From: Sun Yijiang @ 2004-07-16  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think if GNU Emacs can take a picture as its background, it will be
very cooooooool. I know XEmacs can do this, and something called
TransparentEmacs also. But TransparentEmacs is a branch and it seems
that under windows it's simply no way. Emacs can display pictures both
under windows and linux, so I think it's not a hard work to make
picture backgounds. I'm looking forward to it……

* Feature request
@ 2013-11-07 19:33 Matzi Kratzi
From: Matzi Kratzi @ 2013-11-07 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I really like ediff and almost always prefer it.

There is however one feature that I really would like it to gain (or
really would like to know how it can already be done):
One of the for-money-competitors gives the user the possibility to
help the tool by pointing to sync lines in the buffers. That way the
diff can become much better.

Is this possible already?

Kind regards
Mats