* Still on f90 mode
@ 2010-02-06 22:49 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-02-06 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs

When I re-indent the following code:

interface foo
[...]
end interface foo

(for example with the cursor on the last line, 'end interface...', and
TAB; or selecting the interface block and TAB), the last line loses
'foo', the name of 'interface'. It becomes

interface foo
[...]
end interface      ! <-- after re-indentation

This does not happen with 'program/end prog...', 'subroutine/end
sub...', 'function/end func...', which, after re-indentation, *all*
conserve the name in the 'end...' statement.

Is that to be expected for 'interface'?

Thanks,
Angelo.

* Re: Still on f90 mode
@ 2010-02-07 10:13 ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-02-07 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs

I have seen that this night there were some changes...

Now in

interface foo
[...]
end interface foo

function fcn
[...]
end function fcn

'foo' is in CYAN while 'fcn' is in BLUE.

Shouldn't 'foo' be like 'fcn'?

Thanks,
Angelo.

Il 06/02/2010 23.49, Angelo Graziosi ha scritto:
> When I re-indent the following code:
>
> interface foo
> [...]
> end interface foo
>
> (for example with the cursor on the last line, 'end interface...', and
> TAB; or selecting the interface block and TAB), the last line loses
> 'foo', the name of 'interface'. It becomes
>
> interface foo
> [...]
> end interface ! <-- after re-indentation
>

> This does not happen with 'program/end prog...', 'subroutine/end
> sub...', 'function/end func...', which, after re-indentation, *all*
> conserve the name in the 'end...' statement.
>
> Is that to be expected for 'interface'?
>
> Thanks,
> Angelo.

* Still on F90 mode
@ 2010-02-17 22:43 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-02-17 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs

In F90 mode, I still observe things which seem strange in my opinion.

To reproduce, start Emacs with

$ emacs -Q

and enable the Pc-Selection mode,

M-x pc-selection-mode

After this, if I have the code

write(STDERR,*)

double clicking on 'STDERR' and then typing 'a', '0'..., I obtain

write(a,*)
write(0,*)

which is expected.

But if I type '*', the result is

write(STDERR*,*)

and not 'write(*,*)', which, really, is what I expect (and want!).

Surely I am missing something here...

Ciao,
Angelo.

* Re: Still on F90 mode
@ 2010-02-18  0:55 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-02-18  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: Emacs

Filed as http://debbugs.gnu.org/5593, with a more meaningful subject.

As I said before, please report bugs to the bug list, not here,
preferably using M-x report-emacs-bug.

* Re: Still on F90 mode
@ 2010-02-18  1:01   ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-02-18  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Emacs

Il 18/02/2010 1.55, Glenn Morris ha scritto:

> Filed as http://debbugs.gnu.org/5593, with a more meaningful subject.
>
> As I said before, please report bugs to the bug list, not here,
> preferably using M-x report-emacs-bug.

I don't like much that if I am not sure it is a bug! :-)

I would prefer to 'hear' Emacs guys before...

Thanks,
Angelo.

* Re: Still on F90 mode
@ 2010-02-18  2:10     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-02-18  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: Emacs

Angelo Graziosi wrote:

> I don't like much that if I am not sure it is a bug! :-)

Don't worry about this, it's totally fine (indeed correct) to report
things you are not sure are bugs to the bug list.

* Re: Still on F90 mode
@ 2010-02-18 10:15   ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-02-18 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Emacs

Il 18/02/2010 1.55, Glenn Morris ha scritto:
> As I said before, please report bugs to the bug list, not here,
> preferably using M-x report-emacs-bug.

To use 'M-x report-emacs-bug' should I have Emacs configured in some
manner? I don't use Gnus or RMail etc. in Emacs...

When I try 'M-x report-emacs-bug' I get:

 From angelo dot mypc...

and not my mail address!

I have another F90 issue which I will sent to bug-gnu-emacs.

Ciao,
Angelo.

* Re: Still on F90 mode
@ 2010-02-18 17:13     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-02-18 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: Emacs

Angelo Graziosi wrote:

> To use 'M-x report-emacs-bug' should I have Emacs configured in some
> manner? I don't use Gnus or RMail etc. in Emacs...
>
> When I try 'M-x report-emacs-bug' I get:
>
> From angelo dot mypc...
>
> and not my mail address!

Probably you just need to set user-mail-address. But it's fine to just
copy the information that M-x report-emacs-bug generates into your
normal email client if you prefer. This information is often useful in
fixing bugs.

> I have another F90 issue which I will sent to bug-gnu-emacs.

Thanks! (No need to CC me when you do so, BTW.)