From: Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>
To: "Jan Djärv" <jan.h.d@swipnet.se>
Cc: ding@gnus.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Gtk+ stock tool bar icons
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:25:15 +0200	[thread overview]

On Sun, Sep 30 2007, Jan Djärv wrote:

> Reiner Steib skrev:
>> On a second thought: Maybe `icon-map-list' seems more suitable to
>> disable it.  How about making it `icon-map-list' customizable and
>> improving the custom type of `x-gtk-stock-map' as follows?
>
> Ok with me.

I have committed the following changes (only in the trunk yet):

	* term/x-win.el (x-gtk-stock-map): Add Gnus and MH-E icons.
	Improve custom type.
	(icon-map-list): Make it customizable.  Document how to disable
	stock icons.

Please take a look if and correct if necessary.  Thanks.

>>> No, the files should be "images/mail/...".
>>
>> Are you saying without "etc/"?  I did it exactly like the present
>> elements:
>
> Yes I know.  But the document string says "file names without extension and
> with two directory components".

Ah, it's only in the doc string of `icon-map-list' and not
`x-gtk-stock-map'.  To avoid duplication of the description, shouldn't
we describe the format in detail only in the doc string of
`icon-map-list' and refer to it in the doc string of
`x-gtk-stock-map'?

FWIW, removing "etc/" doesn't improve the Gnus tool bars for me.

> The reason for this is to avoid having to search the image path
> first and then do the translation.  Also, two is enough to
> distinguish the default setup.

So it's more or less an implementation detail?  For a user variable,
it would be nicer to make it consistent with
`tool-bar-add-item-from-menu' etc., I think.

>> BTW, wouldn't it be better to strip "etc/images/" in the icon names
>> for consistency with the specification of the icons e.g. in
>> `tool-bar-add-item-from-menu' (cf. `image-load-path')?
>
> I guess that would work also.  I'll fix that.

Thanks.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,