On Sat, Jun 03 2006, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > Run temacs under GDB, and type these commands: > > (gdb) b Fload > (gdb) commands > >p file > >xstring > >end > (gdb) r -batch -l loadup > > Then, whenever Fload is called, GDB will display the name of the file > that is about to be loaded. When it shows "emacs-lisp/byte-run", type > the following commands: > > (gdb) set height 0 > (gdb) b alloc.c:4718 > (gdb) commands > >bt 2 > >xbacktrace > >continue > >end > (gdb) c > > This will run for a while until it finishes loading byte-run, and stop > on the next call to Fload. At that time, please copy everything that > GDB displayed until that point, and put it somewhere on the Web where > I can read it (or post here). I will then compare with what I see on > my system. (If possible, please do this with a 32-bit build, as my > access top a 64-bit host is sporadic.) Attached you'll find the gzipped gdb log (from a fresh bootstrapped build on 32-bit GNU/Linux). BTW, the above is on SUSE 9.2. On SUSE 10.0 I don't observe an overflow. I don't have gcc version of SUSE 10.0 here, but I can provide it later if it's of interest. Bye, Reiner. -- ,,, (o o) ---ooO-(_)-Ooo--- | PGP key available | http://rsteib.home.pages.de/