On Wed, Oct 20 2004, Kim F. Storm wrote: [ Changing the order of the questions...] > Q2: What about legacy-gnus-agent.el ? > > Looking at the code in gnus-start.el, it seems to expect > a file named legacy-gnus-agent.el (also according to ChangeLog). > > Anybody else having seen this? Yes. After adding `legacy-gnus-agent.el' (from the current Gnus trunk; see attachment) to emacs/lisp/gnus, it worked for me. Kevin has synched some agent-related bugfixes from the trunk to the v5-10 branch. It seems he forgot to install `legacy-gnus-agent.el' in the v5-10 branch. In order to minimize the inconvenience, I think it's best if I "cvs add legacy-gnus-agent.el" in Emacs soon (instead of fixing it in Gnus/v5-10 and waiting for the semi-automatic syncing). I have to leave now, but I can do it in a couple of hours unless someone has a better suggestion. > When I do M-x gnus, it now asks me > > Convert gnus from version '5.11' to '5.11' (n/y/?) > > Q1: Is this to be expected? > > Both gnus-version and gnus-newsrc-file-version are "Gnus v5.11". Kevin, could you check for which versions a migration in `gnus-convert-old-newsrc' is necessary for users of Gnus v5.11? (This version is the same as in the v5-10 branch; (gnus-continuum-version) gives 5.11 whereas No Gnus has 5.110003.) A problem might be that the version numbers are not really one-dimensional anymore in the sense of features. Bye, Reiner. -- ,,, (o o) ---ooO-(_)-Ooo--- | PGP key available | http://rsteib.home.pages.de/