* Running byte-compiled code in newer/older Emacs versions (was: Icons not all there in Emacs 21)
       [not found] ` <21588.1140333432@olgas.newt.com>
@ 2006-02-19 19:36   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-02-19 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Feb 19 2006, Bill Wohler wrote:

[ In MH-E ... ]
> For a moment I thought fontification was broken, but then I was running
> Emacs 22 with files byte compiled under Emacs 21.

I always compile un-bundled Emacs packages (No Gnus, AUCTeX, BBDB,
emacs-w3m, ...) with Emacs 21 and run them in Emacs 22.  I'd expect
problems when compiling with Emacs 22 and running in Emacs 21, but not
the other way round.

Bye, Reiner.

--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Running byte-compiled code in newer/older Emacs versions (was: Icons not all there in Emacs 21)
@ 2006-02-19 23:09     ` Bill Wohler
From: Bill Wohler @ 2006-02-19 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 19 2006, Bill Wohler wrote:
>
> [ In MH-E ... ]
> > For a moment I thought fontification was broken, but then I was running
> > Emacs 22 with files byte compiled under Emacs 21.
>
> I always compile un-bundled Emacs packages (No Gnus, AUCTeX, BBDB,
> emacs-w3m, ...) with Emacs 21 and run them in Emacs 22.  I'd expect
> problems when compiling with Emacs 22 and running in Emacs 21, but not
> the other way round.

Me too...

If this is a bug, I should, uh, probably get a recipe for folks to work
on, eh?