* font-backend branch merged into the trunk
@ 2008-05-14  2:04 Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2008-05-14  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I've just merged the font-backend branch into the trunk.

But, I forgot to add Jason's these changes in the CVS log.
So, I tried "cvs admin -m...." but it seems that I don't
have the right to do that.  Could someone please add these
to the CVS log of each file?

2008-05-14  Jason Rumney  <jasonr@gnu.org>

	* font.h (struct font) [WINDOWSNT]: Remove codepage member.

	* w32font.h (w32font_open_internal): Update declaration.

	* w32font.c (w32font_open_internal): Change last argument from
	w32font_info struct to font object.  Fill in font object from
	font_entity.  Get Outline metrics if possible.  Use them to
	calculate underline position and thickness.  Use xlfd name as name
	property.  Don't set codepage.
	(w32font_open): Pass font_object to w32font_open_internal.  Don't
	update dpyinfo->smallest_font_height and
	dpyinfo->smallest_char_width.
	(w32font_draw): Use s->font.
	(clear_cached_metrics): Don't clear non-existent blocks.

	* w32term.c (w32_compute_glyph_string_overhangs): Don't compute if
	font was not found.
	(x_draw_glyph_string): Use underline position and thickness from
	font.

	* w32uniscribe.c (uniscribe_open): Pass font_object to
	w32font_open_internal.

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@ni.aist.go.jp

* Re: font-backend branch merged into the trunk
@ 2008-05-14  2:19 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-05-14  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I've just merged the font-backend branch into the trunk.
> But, I forgot to add Jason's these changes in the CVS log.
> So, I tried "cvs admin -m...." but it seems that I don't
> have the right to do that.  Could someone please add these
> to the CVS log of each file?

I don't think anyone has the rights for it.  You can ask
savannah-hackers@gnu.org, or otherwise, either satisfy yourself with the
src/ChangeLog version, or maybe commit a dummy change.

* Re: font-backend branch merged into the trunk
@ 2008-05-14  3:10   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2008-05-14  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel, handa

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 22:19:47 -0400
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > I've just merged the font-backend branch into the trunk.
> > But, I forgot to add Jason's these changes in the CVS log.
> > So, I tried "cvs admin -m...." but it seems that I don't
> > have the right to do that.  Could someone please add these
> > to the CVS log of each file?
>
> I don't think anyone has the rights for it.

I think RMS, you, Kim, Miles, and myself do have these rights, but I
don't have time right now to do it.  If no one beats me to it, I will
try this evening.

* Re: font-backend branch merged into the trunk
@ 2008-05-14 18:03     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2008-05-14 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: monnier, emacs-devel, handa

> Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 06:10:18 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, handa@m17n.org
>
> > From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> > Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 22:19:47 -0400
> > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> >
> > > I've just merged the font-backend branch into the trunk.
> > > But, I forgot to add Jason's these changes in the CVS log.
> > > So, I tried "cvs admin -m...." but it seems that I don't
> > > have the right to do that.  Could someone please add these
> > > to the CVS log of each file?
> >
> > I don't think anyone has the rights for it.
>
> I think RMS, you, Kim, Miles, and myself do have these rights, but I
> don't have time right now to do it.  If no one beats me to it, I will
> try this evening.

I was wrong and Stefan was right: CVS refuses to let me do this.  (I'm
quite sure it let me do "cvs admin -o" at some point in the past, but
maybe that's a different story.)

So please ask savannah-hackers to do this.

Sorry.

* Re: font-backend branch merged into the trunk
@ 2008-05-15  1:42       ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2008-05-15  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: monnier, emacs-devel

In article <uwslwkbl4.fsf@gnu.org>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> So please ask savannah-hackers to do this.

Ok, I've just sent a mail to savannah-hackers@gnu.org.

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@ni.aist.go.jp