> From: Oliver Scholz > Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:20:25 +0100 > > The HTML for C-h i would not need to be “real” HTML, just something > which would look like HTML to a browser. > [...] > > >

Defining Functions

We usually give a name to a function when it is first created. This > is called "defining a function", and it is done with the `defun' > special form.

- Special Form: defun name argument-list body-forms > `defun' is the usual way to define new Lisp functions. It defines > the symbol NAME as a function that looks like this:

>           (lambda ARGUMENT-LIST . BODY-FORMS)

IMHO, to get the standalone Info to support such a format, it would require a major rewrite. Currently, the display code of the standalone reader basically just writes the text as-is to the screen; what you suggest would make its job much harder.