* untranslated-filesystem-list - should it be a defcustom?
@ 2006-06-15 22:44 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2006-06-15 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

How about making `untranslated-filesystem-list' a defcustom?

As I understand it users are supposed to use
`add-untranslated-filesystem' instead. That however requires some elisp
knowledge (maybe minimal though).

BTW, it would be good to augment the docstring for this function (or the
variable if it is turned to a defcustom) with an example where a
directory is added instead of a whole drive.

* Re: untranslated-filesystem-list - should it be a defcustom?
@ 2006-06-17 19:05 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-06-17 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 00:44:10 +0200
> From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se>
>
> How about making `untranslated-filesystem-list' a defcustom?
>
> As I understand it users are supposed to use
> `add-untranslated-filesystem' instead. That however requires some elisp
> knowledge (maybe minimal though).

This particular arrangement existed in its current form since the
release of Emacs 20.1, and no one complained.  I think there's no
justification to add such a new feature before the release.

> BTW, it would be good to augment the docstring for this function (or the
> variable if it is turned to a defcustom) with an example where a
> directory is added instead of a whole drive.

Patches are welcome, thanks.