* Home and End keys used in menus does not work on w32
@ 2006-11-30  1:32 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2006-11-30  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

The Home and the End keys does not work in menus on w32. They normally
do in w32 applications. I consider this to be a bug.

* Re: Home and End keys used in menus does not work on w32
@ 2006-11-30  4:31 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-11-30  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 02:32:40 +0100
> From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se>
>
> The Home and the End keys does not work in menus on w32. They normally
> do in w32 applications.

What do they do, and in what situations?  I just tried in Internet
Explorer, and these keys didn't have any effect.  Maybe I didn't know
when to press them.

* Re: Home and End keys used in menus does not work on w32
@ 2006-11-30  8:07   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2006-11-30  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 02:32:40 +0100
>> From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se>
>>
>> The Home and the End keys does not work in menus on w32. They normally
>> do in w32 applications.
>
> What do they do, and in what situations?  I just tried in Internet
> Explorer, and these keys didn't have any effect.  Maybe I didn't know
> when to press them.

Sorry, you are right. I tried in Firefox and Thunderbird and there they
had the expected behaviour of taking you to the first or last entry in
the menus. Seems good, but that is not standard behaviour on w32.

* Re: Home and End keys used in menus does not work on w32
@ 2006-11-30 17:54     ` Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2006-11-30 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Eli Zaretskii, emacs-devel

> > What do they do, and in what situations?  I just tried in Internet
> > Explorer, and these keys didn't have any effect.  Maybe I didn't know
> > when to press them.
>
> Sorry, you are right. I tried in Firefox and Thunderbird and there they
> had the expected behaviour of taking you to the first or last entry in
> the menus. Seems good, but that is not standard behaviour on w32.

It works in my version of Outlook too.