* Last line of lib-src/Makefile.in breaks gcc -E -traditional
@ 2007-10-05  8:52 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2007-10-05  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

This last line of lib-src/Makefile.in was added recently:

  ### Makefile ends here

Why was it added?  ChangeLog is silent about it, and so is "cvs log".

This line breaks the preprocessor, since it is in the part of
Makefile.in that begins with this comment:

  # ========================== start of cpp stuff =======================
  /* From here on, comments must be done in C syntax.  */

* Re: Last line of lib-src/Makefile.in breaks gcc -E -traditional
@ 2007-10-05 17:40 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-10-05 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> This last line of lib-src/Makefile.in was added recently:
>
>   ### Makefile ends here
>
> Why was it added?  ChangeLog is silent about it, and so is "cvs log".

Sorry, it was just a comment. "cvs log" would have said "add an end of
file comment".

Obviously just remove it.

> This line breaks the preprocessor, since it is in the part of
> Makefile.in that begins with this comment:
>
>   # ========================== start of cpp stuff =======================
>   /* From here on, comments must be done in C syntax.  */

Oops.

* Re: Last line of lib-src/Makefile.in breaks gcc -E -traditional
@ 2007-10-06  7:00   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2007-10-06  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 13:40:54 -0400
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > This last line of lib-src/Makefile.in was added recently:
> >
> >   ### Makefile ends here
> >
> > Why was it added?  ChangeLog is silent about it, and so is "cvs log".
>
> Sorry, it was just a comment. "cvs log" would have said "add an end of
> file comment".

Yes, but I see you added such a comment to most of the other
Makefile.in files, so you obviously had something in mind.  What was
it?

> Obviously just remove it.

I see you already did.  If this comment is important (depends on your
answer to the question above), we could keep it, but in C syntax.