* Building without Emacs malloc, possible?
@ 2007-02-21 20:31 Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2007-02-21 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello.

What is the status of building without Emac malloc?  There are some problems
on cygwin + Gtk.  Basically Gtk+ (glib actually) calls memalign, but on cygwin
this does not call the Emacs supplied memalign, but cygwins own.  Since malloc
is the one Emacs has, cygwin memalign refuses to work.  I don't know why the
Emace memalign is not called, dynamic libraries on W32 seems to behave strange
in this regard.

One solution would be for Emacs to not use its own malloc, but that gives
compilation errors.  I don't have the errors here, but they are unresolved
symbols in vm-limit.c.

So, the question is what is need to compile on cygwin without Emacs malloc? I
just added

#define SYSTEM_MALLOC

to s/cygwin.h.  Apparently something more is needed.

	Jan D.