* cc-mode: Unable to recognise by file extension
@ 2003-07-16 10:06 dhruva
From: dhruva @ 2003-07-16 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
 I am using GNU Emacs (CVS) on W2K (MSVC 6.0). When I run GNU Emacs and open a C++ file with ".cpp" extension. I do not see the switch to "c++-mode" which I used to see earlier (2/3 days before).

I tried this by running emacs with my _emacs file and also as "emacs -q". The problem is there in both cases.

with regards,
dhruva
--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Web: http://schemer.fateback.com/

* Re: cc-mode: Unable to recognise by file extension
@ 2003-07-16 21:38 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2003-07-16 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

"dhruva" <furby@myrealbox.com> writes:

> Hi,
>  I am using GNU Emacs (CVS) on W2K (MSVC 6.0). When I run GNU Emacs and open a C++ file with ".cpp" extension. I do not see the switch to "c++-mode" which I used to see earlier (2/3 days before).
>
> I tried this by running emacs with my _emacs file and also as "emacs -q". The problem is there in both cases.

Go into the lisp directory and "make autoloads"

All the C derived mode entries in auto-mode-alist are now autoloaded.